Thursday 4 March 2010

Spring Forcast and Sleek Palletes

I've just gotten back from having my MAC Spring Forcast makeover. My makeup was done by the lovely Bonnie.


















F
ace
Fix+
Studio Sculpt foundation NC15 (these run a fair bit paler than SFF, so this was a pretty good match for me. She still applied this pretty sheerly though)
Prep + Prime Powder
Select Coverup concealer NW15
Mineralise Skinfinish in medium to contour (I felt this was a little too dark for me. Think I'll stick with Strada for contouring)
Ripe Peach Blush Ombre

Eyes
Rubenesque paint pot
Corals and Gold quad
Stack 2 Crushed Metal Pigments (just top colour)
Teddy e/l
Studio Fix black mascara

Lips
Mouth Off l/l
Colour Me Coral l/s
Richer Lusher l/g

I loved the quad and the crushed metal pigments, but couldn't afford them (at least not before I get paid tonight!). I'm also thinking that I need to invest in Rubenesque p/p. My eyes just looked so much bluer than they usually do! I wasn't in love with Ripe Peach blush ombre, even though it seems to be the one everyone has been raving about. It was just a little too yellow for my liking. I was in love with Colour Me Coral as soon as she put it on. And I totally love the cremesheen glasses, but I'd told myself I'd only buy one, and the one that won me over was Loud and Lovely (I'm a sucker for anything pink).

I gave myself a £50 limit (excluding the £25 deposit I paid for the appointment). I left with £10 of that remaining, so I dropped by Superdrug and picked up two Sleek pallets, Originals and Sunset. Here's some quick swatches of my buys:














Sleek Sunset Palette, Sleek Originals Palette
Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre, Victorian l/s, Colour Me Coral l/s, Fresh Salmon l/s, Loud and Lovely l/g















Loud and Lovely l/g, Victorian l/s, Colour Me Coral l/s, Fresh Salmon l/s
Azelea Blossom Blush Ombre - Bottom, mixed, top















Sleek Originals Palette (no base)
















Sleek Sunset Palette (no base)

Please excuse the gross burn scars on my arm in the last two pics! I can't wait to start playing around with my new goodies!

2 comments:

  1. Your makeup looks gorgeous, especially your eyes and lips. I've never had a MAC makeover, you've inspired me to look into it!
    Thanks for the swatches too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to sit and be pampered. I already had a couple of things I wanted to get from the collection, and having my makeup done was a good way to try things I wouldn't normally have looked at!

    ReplyDelete